Sunday, October 5, 2008

Quilting Star...


This fantastic quilt was handmade by the "friend that puts me to shame" (doesn't everyone have one?), the wonderful Donna. A school friend from Pakuranga College (20 some years ago), she blessed us with her presence with a visit toward the end of 2008. We tiki-toured around the neighbourhood, visiting her old home and schools etc. She handmade this amazing quilt as a gift for our first wee lad William back in 2000. I absolutely love it and have kept it away over the past few years (from typical 7 year old boy hands!!), however it comes out on special sofa spud (couch potato) occasions and I will always keep it to pass on to possible grandies (a wee way off yet of course). Isn't she clever? Double click on this pic and you'll see the special inscription on the star on the underside.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Donna said...

Gee, I'm clever aren't I!! Ha, Ha!! Glad to see you back in Blogland!